Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mom's Nacho Dip

My mom has always had such a huge influence on me. One thing my mom always taught me growing up was through her cooking. That was if you use fresh ingredients, make it with love, and cook with someone else, you always have more fun and the quality of food is always better. I have always enjoy cooking with my mom and I hope, one day, my kids will enjoy it as much as I do.

This is recipe I have always made with my mom since I was little. We always brought this dip to parties or barbeques, and everyone loved it. As a matter of fact we could never had enough of it. I remember one day I was at college my freshman year and all I had was a microwave to cook stuff in. Wanting a taste of home, I remembered that this dip could be made in a microwave.

It is a really simple recipe and can be cooked in a microwave or oven.

Mom’s Nacho Dip
Ingredients:
1 block of cream cheese
1 can of refried beans (your choice)
3/4 of a jar of Salsa
1 Bag of shredded mozzarella cheese

Recipe:
Soften cream cheese
Spread cream cheese into the bottom of a microwave or oven safe dish (spread evenly)
Add refried beans (spread evenly)
Add salsa
Add mozzarella cheese

Cook in microwave for five minutes or until the cheese is just melted. 

Oven: 350 degrees until the center is warm and the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment